!
<body>

How many North American newspapers are podcasting?

About 18 months ago, I stumbled across an interesting spreadsheet at the Newspaper Association of America's DigitalEdge site, listing the North American newspapers known to have podcasts of some sort at that point in time (the list was dated May, 2005).

Back then, there were 23 podcasts on the list, and I speculated that - at the rate of adoption podcasting was then enjoying - the number would hit 100 by the end of July.

If the NAA's researchers are to be trusted, it looks like I was way off the mark with that prediction. The most up-to-date version of the list I can find (downloadable Excel file, dated January 2006, here) catalogues a mere 40 North American newspaper podcasts.

I'm curious as to what the real number is today - 12 months since that list was last updated. Anyone know?