!
<body>

DM Depot = Fast, cheap, fantastic iPod repair

A couple of weeks ago, I posted mournfully about my old 3rd gen iPod succumbing to the infamous battery death problem.

After a little research and some thought jogging from Dave Jones, I found DM Depot -- a company specializing in iPod parts and repairs down in St. Catharines, Ontario.

They sell battery kits and other goodies you can install yourself, but I opted for the professional service for a few bucks extra. Filled out a simple repair request form online, paid my $40, and carefully wrapped my beloved podule in many layers of bubble wrap before shipping it out.

The very next day, I received three emails in succession from DM Depot. I'll let their messages (and the timestamps) tell the tale:

20 Dec 2006 11:22:39
IPOD 3RD GEN HAS BEEN RECEIVED
WE WILL NOTIFY YOU ONCE REPAIR COMPLETED

20 Dec 2006 11:29:48
NEWBATTERY INSTALLED; FIRMWARE UPDATED.

20 Dec 2006 11:33:42
ORDER SHIPPD TO:
Michael O'Connor Clarke
CANADA POST XPRESSPOST TRACKING NUMBER: XXX etc.

My treasured iPod arrived home today. They included the old battery and even the packaging the brand new battery came in. Damn - they even polished it. Needless to say, it works perfectly.

Let the record show: DM Depot just plain, flat-out, utterly ROCKS!

I don't know who these guys are - their "About Us" page doesn't say much - but they're my personal lightning-fast, ultra cheap, iPod-repairing Superheroes.

Tags: , ,