!
<body>

Thornley Fallis - Day one

Don't worry, I'm not going to start doing a series of painfully self-obsessed "this is me in my shiny new gig" posts, but a quick note towards the end of the first day is appropriate, methinks.

First observation: these guys are as together on the inside as they appear to be on the outside. OK, so they really do pay me to say that now, but it's true.

For example - every time I've started a new job in the past ten years or so, the first day has always been a slightly clumsy and odd affair; much time spent figuring out what I don't know and who I should ask.

Here, though, everything I could possibly have thought to ask (so far) is up on the internal Wiki. Cool! A sizeable chunk of their essential corporate memory has been dumped into a fast, flexible, funky shared space. Lots of the basic stuff I'd need to go hunting for is all there. 'Tis a small thing, perhaps, but it's made a big difference to my first day.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled, non-self-promotional blogging.