!
<body>

Once More Agog at Blog Log Google Goggling

...sounds a bit like an Ozric Tentacles album title. But I digress...

Who could not love their own blog referral logs? I've muttered about this on the blog in the past. It's a regular source of late night fascination for me.

Every now and then, normally just before heading to bed, I'll check in on Sitemeter and find out where my visitors have been coming from. I have to be careful not to do this too often, as every time I do it sends me off into an extended reverie; a magical mocc-stalking mystery tour, trying to figure out the person at the other end of the search.

Take this inbound hit, for example. In the early hours of the morning, someone reached my blog with a Google search for "Michael O'Connor Clarke email contact". Interesting, but not all that odd.

Yet this wasn't just a regular Google.com or Google.ca search - whoever ran this was using Google.bs. That's Google Bahamas. Cool. I had no idea there even was such a thing.

Digging just a fraction deeper, it's even more interesting. The ISP who served up this connection appears to be based somewhere in the Cote d'Ivoire. Blimey! Who the heck do I know in the Cote d'Ivoire? (And why have they never invited us for a sleepover?)

Also, lots of hits coming from within the Beeb - close to 10% of all traffic to the site in the last 48 hours. Wonder if Euan's been giving his old friends a nudge.