!
<body>

Re-installed

Well.

Living on a severance package has been an interesting experience. Certainly not one I'd recommend to everyone (it's not nearly as much fun as you might think), but I'll readily admit that it has some advantages.

I've been able to spend a lot more time with Sausage and the wee uns in the last few months, which was truly a blessing. Plus, I've enjoyed doing a great deal of writing and finding creative ways to put off all those planned odd jobs around the house. It's just a pity they couldn't have canned me at the start of summer -- that would have been ideal.

To my surprise, however, I don't seem psychologically well-disposed to indolence. Try as I might to enjoy my enforced furlough; I simply couldn't get comfortable without the challenge and stimulation of a proper, grown-up job every day. So out of all the networking and volunteer gigs, I'm pleased and mildly surprised to discover that I've managed to seed and nurture my ideal new position.

This is my characteristically prolix way of explaining that I am now, officially, back in the land of the employed. I've joined a small (but perfectly formed ;-) agency here in Toronto as their one and only Vice President. Kind of novel to not be "VP of This", or "SVP of That" - it's nice to be joining a firm that's small enough to only need one 'P' and one 'VP'. Not for much longer, mind -if all our mighty schemes take wing...

I think I'm going to leave the "temporary" title on this blog for a while.  Technically, I'm no longer Uninstalled, of course - but I still like the mindset that the label suggests.  Re-employed, but permanently out of the cluehole.

Thanks again to all the people who've given me so much support and encouragement in the past few months. If there is ever anything I can do in return, please know that your credit with this particular favour bank is very, very good.

Peace, love, and tantric shopping.