!
<body>

Working for the Man

Halley nails it in her "One Big Bad Boyfriend" post:

"...we were talking about how your old job sucked. Anybody's old job. Everybody's old job. Your old job was like one big bad boyfriend -- you knew there was everything wrong with the relationship, but you just weren't sure how to get out, until he dumped you.

And you hung around the house loveless, but free. You hung around the house jobless, but free. You learned to live with less. You were jobless but FREE for a while, for QUITE a while and then one day you realized, you'd never go back. Hell no we won't go."

I've had the calls.  Been approached, solicited: "hey - you've worked for a whole bunch of big corporate clueholes, you'd fit right in over here."

But I won't heed the call, I won't be dazzled by the shiny offers and the fancy titles.

I'd rather be Second Junior Underassistant of Being Able to Sleep at Night, than Senior Executive Vice President of Soul-Sullying Duplicity again.

And I'm getting there...I'm getting there.  Good news coming round the corner...