!
<body>

Morkut

A few more thoughts on Orkut.

First, I've realised that yesterday's post actually served to perpetuate the minor elitism of Orkut; including, as I did, links to members' profiles only accessible if you happen to already be a member.  And you can't become a member unless someone invites you, of course.

So if you care that much and really want to see what all the fuss is about - feel free to drop me a message or leave a comment in this thread and I'll be more than happy to invite you.  Trust me, though: it's not that exciting.

Secondly, I'm encouraged to note that my Friends of Orkut Connectedness Quotient (my FOCQ) has dropped significantly since posting last night's comments. Clearly the system has sensed my somewhat negative, or at least hesitant, vibe, and responded appropriately.

According to the welcome screen this morning, I am: "...connected to -32257 people through 24 friends."

Excellent!  At last, some real value in the system becomes evident.  If this trend continues, my network will soon implode completely - collapsing in on itself under the weight of all that negative connectedness.  Can't wait!  It's going to be so much easier to stay in touch with people in my network when I no longer have any people to stay in touch with.