!
<body>

More Value From Orkut

Ah HA! Another actual nodule of tangible worth surfaces from the mess of Orkut.

Cruising the links just now led me to discover a pointer from my friend David Akin's profile page to one for his fellow Globe & Mail reporter Mathew Ingram.

Following that thread leads to the exciting (to me) discovery that Mathew blogs!  How'd I miss that?!

Further link-hopping down deep into the Globe's own website, uncovers even better news.  Not only is Mathew blogging (and has been for a while, it seems) - but he's also actively team blogging with colleague Ian Johnson within the Globe's walls. 

Their "Geek Watch" column at Globetechnology.com is certainly very blog-like anyway.

OK, so these small moments of discovery (gratifying as they are) are still not something one can easily assign measurable value to; but the feel good ROI feels good to me.