!
<body>

Meet the Pres

When I used to run media training sessions, one of the pieces of advice I'd always give was: "if you don't know the answer, don't speculate".

Getting drawn into rambling conjecture on a subject you know little about is a sure fire way to come across as weak, confused, or insincere.  It's the old rule: when you're in a hole, stop digging.

Well I don't think they could pay me enough to take on the task, but sure as heck someone should have done a better job of coaching Dubya before his Meet the Press interview this morning.

Where are those WMDs, George?

"They could have been destroyed during the war. Saddam and his henchmen could have destroyed them as we entered into Iraq. They could be hidden. They could have been transported to another country, and we'll find out."

What does that sound like to you?

Most honest and direct statement of the interview, IMHO:

"...I'm a war president.  I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind."

That much, at least, is clear.

Bonus link: How to spot a liar