!
<body>

Looking at the world through red, white, and blue-tinted glasses

"I get briefed by [chief of staff] Andy Card and [National Security Advisor] Condi [Rice] in the morning. They come in and tell me. ... I glance at the headlines just to [get?] kind of a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read [sic] the news themselves. ... And the best way to get the news is from objective sources. And the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world."

I think that might just be the single most telling statement Dubya has ever made.

Link, btw, by way of David Weinberger's genuinely important new piece at Salon

David's article on the concept of Echo Chambers is so damn good it deserves much more than the offhand, sidebar mention it's getting here.  But I'm running on about 2 hours sleep last night and fading fast. Just go read it, please

(And yes: I know the linky-love going back and forth between David and I could easily be seen as another example of the echo chamber effect. But frankly, my dear...)