!
<body>

Wish List

I'm just a selfish git. I'm shopping online for Sausage's birthday (next week), but I can't stop thinking about my own fast-approaching birthday.

I'll be 40 this year.

I don't feel 40. It's strange to even write it. Forty. Sounds sort of old, but it isn't really. The really curious thing, now that it's nearly here, is the realisation that I'm actually looking forward to it.

When I stop to think about it, I guess that all my life -- or for as long as I can remember, anyway -- I've been impatient to grow up. I can still recall the excitement of first hitting double figures, and how thrilling it was to finally reach 18. 30 was a great birthday, and a great year.

Perhaps it comes from having two older brothers to look up to. I don't know. Not sure how to explain it. But I do know that I'm approaching the supposedly scary 4-0 with a feeling of mounting excitement. I can't wait.

Hope I still feel like this when I'm approaching 80 -- assuming I make it that far.

Oh - and I know what I want. A great big trip to Disneyland with the whole family. Preferably Mom & Dad, as well as Sausage and the kids.

Failing that, an M9244LL/A would be nice too.