!
<body>

Clueful disclaimers

My long, barely coherent, soul-searching post below seems to have struck a chord in a few places. Drawing higher than usual traffic and a bunch of very nice emails.

Quick summary to save you reading the whole thing: I finally realised that my blog and I are inseperable. After years of worrying about the balance of public/private information disclosed here, and the 'risk' that potential employers might be put off by discovering my blog - I've come to the conclusion that if they don't like what they read, I wouldn't want to work for them anyway. Not exactly newsworthy, but a key awakening for me.

One of the most encouraging things to come out of this post is that it seems I've inspired the President of one company to put up a new, candid disclaimer on his blog. Read Ben Langhinrichs' post, here.

As his blog is hosted as an off-shoot of his company's main corporate site, I think this uncomplicated and lawyer-free disclaimer is entirely admirable. Courage of convictions, and conviction to content.

Good stuff, Ben. Thanks.