!
<body>

Still 'resting', still busy.

I tell you, this life of idleness can be bloody exhausting. I'm still quite a long way from being reinstalled anywhere, but I'm busy as heck.

Wish me luck today - got something on the go that may just turn out to be the first scratchy prototype of Michael 3.0.

No time to blog something proper, but in response to early morning email from Chris Locke, I felt this was overdue a pearoast:

“I have seen ten years of young men who rush out into the world with their messages, and when they find how deaf the world is, they think they must save their strength and wait. They believe that after a while they will be able to get up on some little eminence from which they can make themselves heard.

'In a few years,' reasons one of them, 'I shall have gained a standing, and then I will use my powers for good.'

Next year comes and with it a strange discovery. The man has lost his horizon of thought. His ambition has evaporated; he has nothing to say.

I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak out always.

Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared, be in doubt, but don't be gagged.

The time of trial is always. Now is the appointed time.”


-- John Jay Chapman's Commencement Address to the graduating class at Hobart College in 1900.

Chris is, of course, one of the chosen few. One of those once-in-a-generation people to actually have the stones to live by these words every second of every day.

If only someone with deep pockets, a hands-off attitude, and a clear mind would hurry up and hire the guy - let him be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared, be in doubt, but be billing.

Please. The future freedom of the Internet depends on it.

Flash, I love you! But we only have fifteen minutes to save the web!