!
<body>

The End?

Dubya has an "official blog".

I promise, I am not making this up. Click the link to see for yourself.

Question is, does George actually know he has a blog? Hands up all those of you who think Dubya has actually posted a single entry since the blog went up a few days ago...

I know, I know - I'm poking fun at this almost for the sake of it. But, c'mon - I mean, you just have to, don't you?

One thing that tweaks me about this is the idea of an "official blog". That seems just wrong somehow. The two thoughts simply don't sit well next to each other.

"Official" sounds all tied up with appropriate authority, formality, staying on message, having every word sanitized, tuned and buffed by the "official" spin sensei before it's allowed to posted.

Strikes me as a concept in conflict with the nature of a blog.

Maybe it should be re-christened the "Officious Blog"...?