!
<body>

PermaCLUNK

Stuff it. No matter what I do, I can't figure out what's wrong with my permalinks since I moved to the new server (and switched templates).

Sorry.

If anyone has any idea what the heck I'm doing wrong, I'd be really grateful for the help. Drop me an email or a comment and I'll explain the full symptoms...

*groan*

Meanwhile, David Akin - friend and convergence journalist extraordinaire - has dropped a terrific comment into the foot of my "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you" post, below. This requires some thought and deserves a proper, considered response, soon as I get the time. Meanwhile, page down a little and open up the comments to see him giving me a well-deserved reality check.

Or even better, read David's longer version of the comment at his own blog. Good stuff, from someone who is well qualified to comment - as both a tenured, important journalist and a capable and interesting blogger.

FWIW, one of the things David says that I would absolutely agree with is the comment that: "The output of a blog and the output of a journalist may, indeed, be similar but they are not the same thing..." That much is clear.

But I think I may have misrepresented my own opinions in this area, and inadvertently misled David, by casually referring to the "ongoing journalism vs. blogging debate.

I've said before - I don't actually think there is a valid debate here - or at least not one that's worth the pixels. The "vs." is wrong.

It's AND logic at work again, not OR.

And that's one of the several reasons why David is right to take my sloppy observations to task.

More on this later...