!
<body>

Biz Blogs or Personal Blogs


Lots of discussion threads here about the differences between these two worlds.

Halley's up on a panel at the moment, confessing to be very much a personal blogger (although she's walled-in, on this panel at least, by biz bloggers).

I’ve been thinking about which category I’m in for some time now and have realised that, as much as it's even a relevant thing to be curious about, it’s certainly a moving target.

This started up as an entirely personal blog, as early posts like this one clearly indicate (Content advisory: long, intensely personal rambling).

Yet it’s inevitably informed and constantly coloured by what I do for a living – so I’ve often written about issues, events, and trends in the PR and marketing worlds I inhabit.

Over the last few months I’ve often found myself wandering further down the path of corporate bloggery. Been trying to figure out why this is and I think I’ve got it sussed.

For the first time since I started it, this blog has started to have some of its focus directed by the audience. This is getting interesting.

The reason I’ve been writing rather more about PR stuff of late is, fairly obviously, because people like Andrew, Jeff, Tom, and others have been asking questions and commenting more about this stuff – and I’ve simply been responding.

I’m having a conversation. Imagine!