!
<body>

Reasons to be Cheerful


I'd just like to put this on the record one more time:

I have the best wife any man could possibly wish for.

Today's specific reason?

It's my birthday - I've just scarfed down a huge artery-bursting cooked breakfast of rashers, fried eggs, bangers, tomatoes, mushrooms, brown bread and splendid coffee, capped with a home-baked strawberry muffin. Sausage has been up since sparrowfart cooking up this mountain of scrummy. In these going-on-40 days of moderation and eating right, we rarely push the boat out for this kind of epic Irish breakfast feast. But damn it feels good once in a while :-) *burp* *sigh*

Yet that's not the main reason.

I'm blogging this via my birthday present - a D-Link 2.4GHz Wireless router and AirPlus card in the laptop.

Totally un-wired, baby.

Have I mentioned how much I love this woman? Thank you, Sausage.

Sheesh - I'm now fully Wi-Fied and the blog even has an RSS feed. It's almost as if I know what I'm doing.

Gary's right; it feels damn good to get that geek mojo on.

And as if all this wasn't enough, tonight we have another especially rare treat planned. We've booked the baby-sitter, and we're off out to Dora Keogh's on the Danforth for a few pints with some good friends. Saturday night at the pub with our mates. Like grown-ups. You've no idea how much we both need this...