!
<body>

As Gary said - life is very simple right now

I've been sitting here like a soft lad this afternoon, tears running down my face, listening to this.

My heart feels too big for my body today. I’m so proud of my astonishing wife, and so much in love with our new little boy and our whole family.

Now we are five...

I guess I created a little name confusion over at BlogSprogs.

His name is Ruairi Michael O’Connor Clarke.

There's a conscious link to Ruairi O’Connor (Ruadrí Ua Conchobair]) the last High King of Ireland, but that's not the main reason we chose it. Up to the last minute, we still couldn't quite choose between Ruairi and Alexander - but all our new found friends in the delivery room and everyone we spoke to yesterday evening really liked Ruairi - so we went with the flow. And if he lives up to the promise of his 9lb 9oz, he’ll be a king amongst men, for sure.

We're all tired now, and all very much in love. Just popped in to see Lily and Charlie at Charlie's school carol service - two very excited little munchkins.

Sausage and Ruairi should be coming home tonight, God willing. They're both exhausted after 12 hours of labour (and an hour and a half of solid pushing), but eager to get home.

Thanks for all the messages from around the world – you’re good people.

More details (and photos) soon – off now to spend some time with the little prince.

/m

'ó dhia gach aon cabhair'