!
<body>

I may be Weinberger, but at least I’m not Poindexter.

Seconds of ego-surfing fun to be had with this new GooglePeople thing – a Python app built on top of the Google Web API by the smart folk at AvaQuest.

Encouraged to discover that I am who I am:
GooglePeople is confident that the answer to your question Who is Michael O'Connor Clarke is:

Michael O’connor Clarke


Although it admits that it is possible I’m either David Weinberger, a Roman Catholic Diocese or Californian winemaker Pat Henderson...(?!)

Weinberger, OTOH, is emphatically Weinberger. The system is “very confident” that he is him. It still hedges, however, suggesting that there’s a possibility he might be Chris Locke or even (he’ll love this) John Poindexter.

Which is worse, I wonder – being mistaken for Rageboy or for the scarily toxic anti-constitutional architect of the Iran-Contra scandal? (Update: The Poindexter hit now seems to have dropped off the results list, for some reason. Shame).

On which note GooglePeople confidently identifies the secret identity of RageBoy, but is a little confused when it comes to some other famous (or infamous) alter egos:

Who is Deep Throat?
(apparently, Bob Woodward was talking to himself all along)

Who is Superman?
(Clark Kent only shows up 12th on the list and is outranked by both Jimmy Olsen and “Meta Tag”??)

Who’s your daddy?
(Good God, I hope not...)

Who is Number One?
“I am Number Two. You are Number Six...er...Elton?”

The suggestions for “Who is God?" are a little puzzling.

And while I’m concerned that they’re unable to answer this one with any confidence:

Who is The Shadow?

...they at least have a better stab at:

Who knows the evil that lurks in the heart of men?

Like I said – seconds of fun...