!
<body>

Happy Birthday

David Rees's superb "Get Your War On" series is one year old today!

From David's front page:

"I made the first page of "Get Your War On" on October 9, 2001 because I was depressed about the newly launched bombing campaign in Afghanistan. At the time, it seemed like mass starvation and increased land mine-related deaths were just around the corner. (The latter did increase dramatically last fall.)

I found myself searching American pop culture for some reflection of my feelings. I couldn't find anything dark enough, so I made "Get Your War On" and sent the link to a handful of friends.

In the past year, "Get Your War On" has received 24 million hits from around the world.

More important, however, in the past four months we've been able to raise $17,000 for Mine Dog and Detection Center Team #5.

MDC Team #5 remove land mines and unexploded ordnance in Afghanistan."


Outstanding work and still the funniest thing on the Net.

If you agree, follow the link on David's site to make a tax-deductible contribution to Adopt-A-Minefield.