!
<body>

Flotsam & Jetsam

Happens to be the title of the chapter I’m currently re-re-re-re-reading of The Two Towers. Also happens to describe the contents of a certain parking lot in my “Favorites” (sic) folder in IE.

See – during my extended summer bloggatical (about 12 weeks without a single new blog entry), I collected lots of interesting-at-the-time links, lint and other shtuff.

Quite a store of tasty morsels, set aside like a pile of nuts (er...ahem) – fully intending to blog them all in fullness at some future point. I even named the folder in which I lovingly stored them “2b Blogd”. Yeah, right...

Figure I’m never going to get through all this crud now, so this post will serve as a roundup and general clear out – kind of raking up the blogleaves and getting the blog ready for winter thing.

Here then, complete with a feeble attempt at categorization, is a small selection from a full summer’s worth of linky love. Knock yersleves out:

1. Latest in a long series of entertaining 404 messages

2. Casey Marshall’s picture of weblogs – cool hyperbolic tree sixdegrees of blogs wotsit

3. Aiiieee!!! Discover Magazine is fucking with my mind!!

4. Absolute proof, at last, that all Conservatives are villains at heart. (God bless the Irish, as ever, for showing us true meaning).

5. This: “At Foyles, the book-lover's bookshop, I approach the counter with a copy of James Joyce's Ulysses. "I bought this book the other day," I say, "and I want my money back. It's full of typing errors and there's no punctuation." The assistant is pale and wears glasses. He takes the book and turns, at my bidding, to the 100-page monologue at the end...”

6. “FACT: A 1987 survey found that Canadians have the worst handwriting in the whole world. They also frequently misspell the word sauce.”

7. Useful and accurate metric conversion chart (sample: 8 nickels = 2 paradigms)

8. Unhappy Monday (what is the sound of one faux pas-ing?)

/nuff