!
<body>

Blinkin flip

Can't believe I've never thought of this before. Duh.

Just registered michaelocc.com. Next step - I'll get it set to redirect to here. Make it a lot easier to reach the site than trying to figure out how to spell "Blogger All" backwards...

*sigh*

UPDATE

On second thoughts...

Stuff 'em. Stuff 'em in their stupid arses, the sleazy money-grabbing sons of bitches.

Who? Register dot poxy praetorian bastard com, that's who.

They gleefully accept your hard earned shekels, enticing you with the promise of "free URL forwarding". Nowhere in the small print does it tell you that "free" equates to "we're free to fuck with your site and splash our ugly cheesy ad across it any way we want."

Compare and contrast:

This is your blog
This is your blog on Register.com

Sod it. Whoever decided this was a valid thing to do to their unsuspecting customers deserves to be held down and violently buggered with the complete works of Peppers and Rogers.

Oh why the hell didn't I check first? How do I keep making the same mistake? I'm not a complete Pollyanna - but I just keep blindly trusting in tech companies and service providers to deliver the goods, and nothing but the goods, without spamming my balls off or polluting my space one way or another.

Crap. Caught in the old TANSTAAFL trap once again. Must be some way I can turn this frigger off (without forking over even more dough). Hmmm....let me see....

UPDATE TWO

Bollocks. I guess they DO include it in the small print after all:

"This version of URL Forwarding functions in a similar manner to Platinum URL Forwarding, but inserts a register.com navigation bar in a frame on the bottom of the screen at the destination web site."

Cost of this "Platinum" service - 49 US bucks a year. On top of the $25/year I just handed over.

OK - I know it's not a lot of money. But that's COMPLETELY NOT THE POINT.

Ooooooo it makes me seethe. Grrrrrrr.

'Course - I'm only seething at myself really *bangs head against desk*. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb...