!
<body>

Back in the bloghouse again
(updated - now with added inline pics. How nearly exciting!!)

(Ooooh! Updated a second time again - I'm struggling to contain my indifference!!! Read the scribble below, then see update, above)

Er...hello?

DAMN that's been a long time between posts - yet the darn thing still gets traffic every day. Phweef.

Guess I should poke the ashes, see if there's any life left in the ole blog...

So. Can’t use the bisy backson excuse – just got struck blogdumb by an extended attack of having a life, I guess. Either that or an unprecedented outbreak of not-annoyed-with-anything-in-particular-enough-to-rant.

Long hot summer in the garden with the kids. What can I say?

Wuz going to restart this thing by going off on a long and noisy one about, who else, the Borg. But can’t be arsed, really. I mean, WTF – right? About 30 million other people every day pick up a big gnarly cluestick and beat them round the antitrusts with it – they still don’t get any better. Plus my dear friend Kate is just in the process of jumping ship from the Canuckian arm, and will probably be taking their last clue with her. So what-evah.

Tangentially related Borg-bashing still available, however, in the form of the latest Google-giggle poinking its merry benign-spam way around the Net right now. You’ve prolly already seen this eleventy billion times by now:

1. Go to Google's main site

2. Type: "go to hell" (including the quotation marks) in the search box.

3. Click the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

Or... to glimpse the other planes of hell - repeat steps 1 & 2 but click on "Google Search" instead.

Mildly amusing. (Er...but could someone please explain this hit in the list...)

Much more troubling, however (as pointed out by the splendid Philippe Eidman), is this: what the hell bizarre, perverted, subliminal message is the Beast of Redmond promoting by using the purloined image of one of the members of Rap/hip-hop group Swollen Members so prominently on the front page of their main site?

Check it out.

Clock the rocky cool “technical resources” geezer on the Microsoft home page.



Now – is this the same bloke over here or what?



As Philippe says: “Yo! Yo! YO! MUDDAFUCKA! Shout out to my homey Bill - keepin' it real owah dere wid all dem dope gangsta suckaz at MicroZoft!!!!"

Ahem. Or something.

(Prevail) -
What begins with an A and ends with asphyxia
Me prev-one the microphone crippler
Life on the edge of the walking dead
You either talk in black, or you speak in red
I can't help you if you don't have the language down
It's either sink or swim, and the average drown,
Some of us stay afloat, and respect the wave
With your mouth full of sand, burned by sun rays
Five ways to Sunday, a fist full of dollars
A barrel full of commerce, blasting the summer
We always stand guard over the late shift
The cause and effect of the light in the mist
In the world of mixtapes, and over sick breaks
I spit like my life depends on what I make


(Chorus) – Madchild -
Work at late night, not that we hate light
Just feels right, that's when tracks come out tight,
Dogs start creepin, people are sleeping
Pull words out of their dreams it's the deep end
It's the deep end, people are sleeping
Pull words out of their dreams it's the deep end
Keep in mind, it's not that we hate light
Just feels right, that's when tracks come out tight,


(Madchild) -
Hand to hand combat, gone far beyond that
Armed to the teeth, this is a bomb threat
Graveyard shift, way past obnoxious
We play to win, you count your losses
An awesome roster, original designed rhymes
Find time, to make the shiver up your spine climb
This ain't theatrics, we rock with tactics
And smash on you plastic actresses for practice
The fact is, I'm violent by nature, don't hate ya
Like most people, about as much as they like me
Haven't found a way to say "Fuck You" politely,

These days I stick to myself,
But, sometimes get sick of myself
Got my own circle, love my people
Bleed for my people, need no replacement
Madchild's life unfolds with bold statements


Swollen Members - "Deep End"