!
<body>

Other people’s cleverness

Two quick snippets. First, via email from the noble and talented Jeff Roman:

"This poem is composed entirely of actual quotes from George W. Bush. The quotes have been arranged for aesthetic purposes by Washington Post writer Richard Thompson.”


MAKE THE PIE HIGHER
By George W. Bush


I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mental losses.
Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the Internet become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?
They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
I know that the human being and the fish can coexist. Families is
where our nation finds hope, where our wings take dream.
Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize Society!
Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!


Second, this letter in the June issue of Wired is worth repeating:

Ascent Technology founder Patrick Winston, referring to airport logistics management, notes that “maybe there are some gates or jobs that could be swapped to make things easier for everybody.”

Truer words have rarely been spoken; indeed, I’m sure many Wired readers can think of some Gates and Jobs they wouldn’t mind switching.

-- Adam Greenfield


The “new” Wired, btw, is equal but different and I like it.