!
<body>

Blog me Århus

There's a better joke in there somewhere, but I've too heavy a foodover to manage it.

Cause: the sparkly and bewitching Sausage treated me to birthday scoffery at Cafe Brussel last night (and this after she'd already spent most of Friday whipping up a bostin chicken curry for me then showering me with spiff prezzies).

Cafe Brussel was terrific - immaculate service, phenomenal food and a wine list that will blow your mind (and your wallet). Only place I've eaten that lists a $3000 bottle of wine - yikes! I think both Sausage and I got a sinking feeling looking through the menus and realising that we might have chosen somewhere a little over our heads. The fact that we were about the only people in the place not wearing Prada was probably a good clue. Yet with our combined karmas rolling sevens all night, we some how managed to slip through a wormhole in the menu and ended up stuffed to the giddlings for 150 bucks. *phew*

Meanwhile, back in blogville. Been getting a lot of Danish traffic in the last week or so. Followed the backlinks to this Jens Winther bloke. Left a comment on the site and got nice email in return. Now I'm told I'm responsible for Jens starting an English blog to parallel his Danish one. Nice to be held responsible for something when the post-binge guilts have me feeling mostly irresponsible right now.

Wish me luck, btw. I'm about to upgrade the Compaq to Office 2000. Last time I tried something like this I totalled the frigging thing and was offline for months. I used to know how to do this shit - back before the bloatware got too complex for mortal man to understand. Now I'm reduced to sprinkling holy water, crossing my fingers and closing my eyes every time I click on a setup.exe icon.

*deep breath* here goes...