!
<body>

Agog at my own Blog log

Seconds of mindless fun to be had from cruising the referral logs. Once again, I’m baffled by the convoluted and unlikely routes people have taken to arrive at this site. I’ve noticed similar comments from other bloggers after inspecting their own logs.

If the Web is “Small Pieces Loosely Joined”, maybe the inchoate subculture of weblogging is “Small Pieces Oddly Indexed” or some such.

Here’s a hand-picked lucky bag of the most improbable search strings that have so far washed surfers up on my own personal mudflat:

- pictures and photos of Dodge charger off of the fast and the furious

- robot jesus french taliban (quoi?!)

- god million dollars second you "exchanged sandwiches

- movie quote "I've gotta get me one of these"

- beans 2003 email addresses

- I won The East Coast Top Model Search (35,000 hits, but I'm one of 'em)

- afghanistan existentialist berets

And I swear, I have not made a single one of these up.

Then there’s the Austrian connection, of course – under the newly created sub-filing tab of: Straightforward searches from far distant lands

And my personal favourite: “sleazy fucknozzle

If I were seeking a good indication of my overall position in the great scheme of things, I think I’ve found my answer in the fact that I’m the #1 hit (out of a mere two) returned by Google when someone searches for the words “sleazy fucknozzle”. Thanks. I’ve prepared a short acceptance speech...

The second hit, of course, would have to be something like this.