!
<body>

Had a nice message a couple of days back from someone who signed themselves “inu inu” and ended their flattering email with a link to http://feralliving.blogspot.com, which I’m assuming is this bloke’s blog.

Whoever’s responsible for it, there’s some smart and spiffy stuff up there. Including the “Chaos Coefficient Calculator”, which I loved. You enter the number of pets and family members in your household, it calculates your Chaos Coefficient - the amount of nuttyfunstuff in your daily life.

Mine is 729 – counting Sausage, the bairns, Nozzle the World’s Biggest Cat and an approximate tally for the sea monkeys (they count as pets, don’t they?). Seems remarkably low.

However, soon as I add in parents, siblings, sibling offspring, and immediate in-laws, the number jumps to 6.878229928704558e+31.

I was tempted to give the calculator one more run, this time including all of the many aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, great aunts, third cousins twice removed's sister’s next-door neighbour’s stick insect’s friend-of-a-friend’s priest’s delivery boy’s uncle’s plumber’s housekeeper's chicken's vet. The full extended Irish family thing. But the bloke who keeps the blog at this site seems like a nice enough chap and probably doesn’t deserve to have his calculator melted.

BTW: when I first read the URL for this blog, I glossed the second “L” in the middle, and heard it in my head as “Fer a living”. I had high hopes before the site loaded that I’d find stories from one who blogs “fer a living”. Now there’s a neat job.

Wish some one would pay me to do that.

David had a mini-bogus contest going on about this kind of URL trap, way back whenever in JOHO.