!
<body>

Nothing works. Nothing.

6 solid hours dinking with the upgrade last night - it's FUBAR. I can boot into Windows, but that's about it. No email, no web, no Word, no naff all nothing at all NOTHING. (I'm even having to post this from the office).

This stuff's so bloated, of course, that it's way past my ability (or any one person's ability) to know exactly what's going on with this thing. 450 MB just to install the "standard" OS.

Here's what sucks most though - trying to troubleshoot the modem config problem that's preventing me from firing up email or anything, and the stupid in-built (in-bred) help system tells me "If you're still experiencing difficulty, more help is available at: http://www.microsoft.com/If/I/could/access/the/web/I/wouldn't/need/help/with/my/freaking
/modem/would/I/you/dozy/swines.html"

Sheesh.

Bring back CP/M - the last OS I can really claim to have fully understood at the code level.